The Central Girls Soccer League created a Scholarship opportunity for any CGSL U18 player in memory of co-founder Carolyn Jones after her passing.
This incredible opportunity will continue for the girls and now be offered to the boys as well!
DEADLINE IS JULY 7 2017 FOR ALL APPLICATIONS
Any questions can be directed to Melanie Wynn email@example.com
The Central Soccer League provides a platform for competitive, Regional level soccer for youth in the Central Region of Ontario. We are a member-driven organization that promotes the drive for excellence both on and off the field of play. As such, we would like to recognize those individuals who best exemplify the spirit of fair play, who possess the ability to balance both academic and athletic success, and who display leadership skills in the pursuit of excellence.
The award is named the Carolyn Jones Memorial Award in memory of a long standing member of our soccer community. A past member of the Central Girls Soccer League executive and an individual who possessed all of these qualities of fair play and the consistent pursuit of excellence.
The League will present two scholarship awards annually (one for the girls division and one for the boys division), for an amount of $2000.00 each, to a player/candidate who qualify based on the following selection criteria;
- A student enrolled in Grade 12 (or equivalent) and graduating during the current season.
- A student who maintains a minimum average of 75% during both Grade 12 semesters.
- A candidate that has played in the Central Soccer League/Central Girls Soccer League for a minimum of 3 years.
- A candidate that has best exemplified the aforementioned qualities of fair play, academic and athletic excellence, and leadership skills both on and off the field.
- A candidate that has been accepted (or will be by the end of the current season) at a recognized Canadian College or University.
- A candidate that has done community service work with their respective Clubs/Districts or Leagues (reference letter required).
If the player/candidate fulfills these qualifications, their respective applications will be reviewed by an executive committee panel and the award recipient will be chosen. The awards will be presented at the conclusion of the U18 Cup Final each season. This award program will be reviewed annually and the CSL executive reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments based on budgetary considerations. The deadline for submission is July 7 of each season.